Living off campus can be an exciting experience.
The Center for Student Involvement wants you to maximize your student life on or off campus. That also means making informed decisions about your off-campus housing. To that end, we provide an Off-Campus Housing Kit for all students. You can pick up a complete Off-Campus Housing Kit at the Center for Student Involvement, located in room 110 in the Ruth S. Harley University Center. Included in this kit, you will find:
- Rent Smart (PDF) A Consumer Guide to Leasing an Apartment or House, distributed by the New York State Consumer Protection Board
- Tenants’ Rights Guide (PDF), distributed by Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo
- Information about Adelphi’s commuter services
- The Off-Campus Housing Resource Guide (PDF), provided by the Center for Student Involvement
Housing Posts on eCampus
Adelphi University has partnered with Off-Campus Partners to offer a comprehensive listing of available off-campus housing, enabling Adelphi students to search for apartments near campus, to find potential roommates and to browse furniture for sale. To search for housing, go to the eCampus Service tab and click on the Off-Campus Housing icon. If you want to add it to your favorite services, just click on the heart symbol below the icon.
Please note: You must register with Off-Campus Partners with an Adelphi email address to use the Off-Campus Housing service.
To access the Off-Campus Housing service:
- Log in to eCampus with your Adelphi name and password.
- Click the Services tab.
- Browse to the Off-Campus Housing icon, or find the service using the search function.
- Click the icon to launch the service.
- If it is your first time using the service, click the Register Here link in the upper right of the navigation bar to gain access. Otherwise, click Log In and enter the username and password you used to register with Off-Campus Partners. (Note: Because this is an external service, you have to log in separately from eCampus.)
Other Housing Resources
- Town of Hempstead Housing Authority—516.485.9666
- New York State Department of Homes & Community Renewal—212.480.6700
- Newsday publishes its Real Estate section each Friday, or you can check their website updates at newsday.optimumhomes.com.
Have questions? Need more information? We’re here to help.
Center for Student Involvement
Ruth S. Harley University Center, Room 110
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p – 516.877.3603
f – 516.877.3659
e – email@example.com