Informed and supported—the start of an Adelphi experience.
We offer a wide variety of policies, procedures and services for active, reserve and veteran military personnel who choose to study with us.
Waiver of Application Fees
- For all military personnel
- From Adelphi staff who are familiar with military students and veterans affairs benefits
- Veterans with no previous college experience are permitted to file applications up to the end of registration in each of Adelphi’s eight schools.
- Veterans are allowed to begin classes pending completion of their application and provision of supporting documents.
- Late admission or re-admission fees are waived for all new or re-admitted veteran or currently enlisted students.
- There is no academic penalty for early withdrawal in a semester.
- Any reservist or enlisted student recalled to active duty away from campus who cannot continue their studies can withdraw from courses at any point and not be subject to academic or financial penalties, unless they are also receiving federal student aid.
- Students who have nearly completed a course or courses may choose to take a grade of incomplete and then complete the course after they return from active duty.
- All University tuition and fees for the semester in which they withdraw will be negated and will not be charged to their overall G.I. Bill benefits.
Our University College specializes in helping adults older than 21 who want to complete an undergraduate degree program. This college has more than 6,000 graduates and has specialized features that benefit veteran students, including:
- A streamlined admission process that does not require an SAT or ACT exam
- College credit for many military training programs, including basic training
- Courses filled with fellow adult students on evenings and weekends
- Accelerated, late start, online and blended course sections available
- A fully online degree program in Emergency Services Administration
The latest legislative information indicates that active, reserve and veteran military students who enroll in undergraduate or graduate programs at Adelphi should be covered for their tuition costs by the new G.I. Bill. Students enrolled in more than 12 credits per semester should be covered for tuition costs through a combination of the G.I. Bill and Adelphi’s Yellow Ribbon Program.
Yellow Ribbon Program Press Release
Adelphi University provides tuition assistance for veterans and military personnel through the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Questions? Need more information? We’re happy to help.
Hagedorn Hall, Room 201
One South Avenue
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p – 516.877.3412
e – firstname.lastname@example.org