Supporting the academic and personal needs of military students.
Division of Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs recognizes the sacrifice our soldiers make and strives to raise awareness around the needs of service men, women and their families. There are several departments within the Division of Student Affairs that provide services, programs and support to enrich and complement your academic experience.
- The Center for Student Involvement serves as a resource for more than 80 student organizations, including academic, social, community, multicultural, social justice and religious groups. The center also formulates policies and procedures for planning events on campus.
- Commuter Student Services provides extensive services for students who live off-campus and need assistance with nonacademic matters relating to university and campus life.
- The Health Services Center provides access to quality healthcare and promotes wellness to Adelphi’s diverse student population.
- The Interfaith Center provides a place where you can worship and seek spiritual guidance. Services are conducted by Catholic, Jewish, Protestant and Muslim chaplains. The Interfaith Center sponsors events and programs jointly from these offices, emphasizing its interfaith focus and purpose.
- The Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) provides cost-free assistance and services tailored to meet the needs of individuals based on their specific, appropriately documented disabilities.
- The Office of Residential Life and Housing adds another dimension to the college experience. Adelphi offers student housing in seven residence halls on the Garden City campus.
- The Student Counseling Center (SCC) provides free, private and confidential services to any student enrolled at Adelphi. The SCC is staffed by a psychiatrist, licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, graduate-level social work interns and doctoral-level clinical psychology interns. The center provides information and literature, and offers individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, outreach and consultation, drug and alcohol education and counseling, workshops and referrals to both on- and off-campus resources.
We offer services available to all students who need additional academic assistance as they complete their degree programs.
- New Student Orientations are held several times throughout the year to help students prepare for academic life, become familiar with the campus and meet fellow new students.
- The Learning Center assists students at no charge with peer tutors, graduate exam preparation and study skills assistance.
- The Writing Center helps students learn to write more effectively in all aspects of college life at no additional charge. The Writing Center is for any student, of any ability, who wants to improve his or her writing process.
The Center for Career Development sponsors job fairs, assists with résumé writing and interview skills, and can help students plan for a career after college. These free services are available to all current students and alumni at Adelphi.
Questions? We’re happy to help.
We offer peer support, information and referrals to a variety of community services on Long Island for veteran students.
Hagedorn Hall, Room 201
1 South Avenue
P.O. Box 701
Garden City, NY 11530-0701
p - 516.877.3411
e - firstname.lastname@example.org